Gift Canister Repurpose




I end up with a lot of canisters from a shake I drink daily and have been saving them for a while waiting for inspiration to hit me. One thing I made is a container for Christmas gifts. I often have a lot of small items to give that I may not be in the position to place in a stocking (i.e. mailed gifts). So I came up with a cute recycled alternative to the gift bag












Materials:
Canister
Scrapbook paper
ribbon
Outline Stickers from Sparkraft Enterprises
Terri Sproul Mixers- Interference Blue Pearl
Mailing Tags

Miscellaneous inks
*any additional embellishments


sakuracraft.com









Start of with clean canisters by making sure there are no signs of what originally came in the canister. The first one I pulled the label off and the others I just covered it.



Cut your scrapbook paper to fit around the canister with a slight overlap.




I mixed up some  3D Crystal Laquer and Terri Sproul Mixers- Interference Blue Pearl and painted over the surface of the whole canister.



  

Next I covered the lid of the canister. Since this lid has a lip on it, I placed the paper in the center and left the edge of the lid visible. The color matched the paper so I just painted with a coat of the  3D Crystal Laquer and Terri Sproul Mixers- Interference Blue Pearl.




Next take some shipping tags, cut to size and take the string out. Cover with a coat of ink (use a light color- I used a distressed green).













Take your Outline Stickers from Sparkraft Enterprises and place on your tag. We will use the stickers as a resist for a second coat of darker ink. If you place your stickers back on the backer sheet when done, you can use several times.

Hang the stickers off the tag for a nice random effect.

 


Keep both coats fairly light since this is a name tag and we will need to write on top of it.

Finished tags.

Cover the edge of the lid with white ribbon and tie on your tag.
You can embellish your canister with other ribbon or findings.

I wanted my canisters to be used after Christmas so I avoid overly Christmas imagery on the decorating of the canister. The tags are a different story!

I played with decorating the lids too.












Tanya Ruffin

Create Studios



Comments

Popular Posts